As spring approaches, use that 20/20 hindsight vision to review this winter. Was your Grand Rapids company prepared when the ice and snow came? Hopefully winter conditions didn’t land you or your business in hot water with injuries from you, your employees, or your customers. Now that winter 2016 is probably over, it’s time to look at your Grand Rapids snow removal services so you are ultra prepared for 2017.
Prepare now for next winter with these tips for why & how to hire the best commercial snow removal services.
Why contract with the best snow removal service?
Accidents are expensive. They cost time, money and resources that would all be better allocated somewhere else. Time off from work for doctor visits is bad enough, but in the event that somebody does get injured on your property, you could also be spending some of your valuable time with a lawyer or in court. And what about medical expenses? They can drift as high as snow if given the chance.
How do you choose the best Grand Rapids snow removal service?
Consider these seven factors when selecting your snow removal company.
- Quality management & Certifications. What protocol is in place to ensure that you will have prompt and effective service? Look for a company with ISO certification to back you up when you need it most. Choose a company with high standards for documenting the time spent on your site, the materials applied and the techniques used for clearing slick spots and minimizing risks.
- Equipment. The best snow removal company will have the right equipment for your job, from sidewalk equipment to heavy duty trucks to front end loaders and more.
- Training. Find a company that cares enough to train their crews on the proper use of the materials and equipment they will be using, so you can relax with confidence that the job is being done right.
- Dedication. Some companies remove snow in the winter because there’s no grass to mow. The best snow removal company is all about removing snow, and works on streamlining their system 24/7/365.
- Efficient, prompt, knowledgeable crew. You need a crew that will be watching the weather with you so they can be there when it’s most important. Night or day, clear thinking and safety pave the way for successful snow removal.
- Referrals & Reviews. See who your neighbors and your competitors use. What do they have to say about their snow removal companies? Check Google, Facebook and Yelp reviews.
- Availability to work and to communicate. Will you be able to get help when you need it? When you have questions about your service can you reach a knowledgeable person?
Contact us today to see what the best snow removal company in Grand Rapids can do for you.
The 2015-16 winter might feel like it’s coming to an end, but we know from past storms in Grand Rapids that it isn’t necessarily over yet. However, as February wraps up, it feels like a perfect time to evaluate how your snow removal company is doing. Here are 5 ways to know if you hired the best snow removal company this year by asking these questions:
- Was the snow from your property promptly removed after the storm? That’s the obvious question, but we would take it one step further – did your snow removal company proactively treat your property before the first flake of snow even hit the ground? That’s a big difference in our book. Snow plow companies that wait for at least 2 inches of snow to fall before ever coming to your property are putting you at risk for costly ice related incidents.
- Did your snow removal company communicate with you before, during and after the storm? You should expect frequent and clear communications from your snow management company so you know exactly what is happening on your property. As a business owner, you should never be wondering if your snow plow company has been on your site or not yet. These days it’s reasonable to expect to know every detail of your snow removal plan and execution.
- Did your snow removal company have the equipment needed to stay ahead of the storm? It’s one thing to own a few snow plows, but true snow removal professionals have equipment to pre-treat parking lots with liquid deicer, they have front end loaders and dump trucks to relocate snow piles when needed and they have extra wide snow pushers for covering large surface areas in a snap.
- Did your contract cover every detail of your services without surprises? Your snow removal contract should have been complete and not hastily thrown together. And hopefully you DID sign a contract. Professional snow removal is nothing to take lightly – make sure your business receives the risk management services provided by the best snow removal contractors.
- Would you recommend your snow removal company to other business owners? That’s really the bottom line, isn’t it? Were your services so reliable and effective that you would share their name with others?
Where we are located in Grand Rapids and Lansing, Michigan snow removal is an essential part of every business plan. At Sneller Snow Systems, we know that, so we focus on snow removal 12 months a year. That’s right – 12 months a year. Why? Because during the warmer months, we are able to re-evaluate our systems, make lot improvement recommendations, provide training, renew certifications, execute route planning dry runs and do important equipment maintenance.
If you have any questions or if you would like to explore Sneller for Lansing or Grand Rapids snow removal services, please contact us today!